I’ve had the joy of volunteering at Metro Tech High School in Phoenix for several years now. My main driver for this is wishing I had more opportunities like this in school. The students at this years interviews were to best to date and I’m looking forward to the mentoring process and especially the Shark Tank!
A rising tide raises all boats
There are many ways for you to volunteer and get involved in as well. Please consider how you can help and contact the business teacher, Chris Leibelt-Garcia
- TAX DONATIONS to FBLA VIP Up to $250 for single and $400 for married. Comes right off your taxes–don’t give it to Uncle Sam, give to a student in need to go on trips and competitions.
- MOCK INTERVIEWS Help students develop their interview skills as they prepare for real-life job interviews. You can sign up for one or more of the time frames.
Monday, Dec. 5: 8:00 – 8:50 am, 9:45 am.- 11:35 am, 12:30 pm- 1:15 pm, and 1:15 – 3:05 pm
Tuesday, Dec. 6: 9:45 am – 11:35 am, 12:30 pm – 1:15 pm, 1:15 pm – 3:05 pm
- MENTORING Students have created fake companies. You would paired up with students’ companies with your expertise. So you would mentor 1-3 companies and be available by phone or e-mail if they have questions about their fake “start up”. Dates to mentor in January, February and March.
- ENTREPRENEURSHIP PANEL February 2017 during the same times as above.
- SHARK TANK Sit on a panel to judge presentations of student’s companies. Beginning of May.
Please contact Chris Liebelt-Garcia, Business Teacher at Metro Tech High School at email@example.com to volunteer