- Just shy of 50 miles walked which equates to roughly
- 114,905 steps total or a 16,417 daily average
- 11,000 calories burned
- 16,271 photos
Just a typical day of walking around the TPC Scottsdale during the Waste Management Phoenix Open
This year was also an interesting year since I switched camera systems from Canon to Olympus (read a little about that here) Switching cameras systems did come with some challenges but also had quite a few improvements. Aside from the weight savings, the silent shutter (Pro Capture) was my favorite feature!
Rickie Fowler tees off at the 2018 Waste Management Phoenix Open. Captured with the Olympus OM-D EM-1 II on high-speed silent mode with the Olympus M.Zuiko 7-14mm f/2.8 PRO wide angle lens. The silent mode allows me to photograph the entire swing without disrupting the golfer, this is HUGE for golf!
I’m not allowed to have a cart on the course nor is walking several miles back to the clubhouse always an option. So I have to be prepared for several scenarios and often carry a lot of equipment including:
- 3 x Olympus OM-D EM-1 II cameras
- Olympus PEN-F camera
- Olympus M.Zuiko 300mm f/4 PRO super telephoto lens
- Olympus M.Zuiko 40-150mm f/2.8 PRO telephoto lens
- Olympus M.Zuiko 12-40mm f/2.8 PRO medium angle lens
- Olympus M.Zuiko 7-14mm f/2.8 PRO wide angle lens
- Olympus M.Zuiko 12-100mm f/4 PRO super zoom lens
- Olympus M.Zuiko 25mm f/1.2 PRO prime lens
- Olympus M.Zuiko 75mm f/1.8 prime lens
- 2 x Olympus FL-900R flashes
- 12 High Speed memory cards
- Extra batteries for the cameras, flashes and phone
Luckily I don’t have to carry ALL of this with me at all times. Since I’ve switched to Olympus I’m carrying less than half the weight compared to my old Canon equipment. Walking as much and for as many hours as I do this was a HUGE improvement to my health and performance this year.
I get several offers of, “Hey man, if you ever need an assistant to carry all that, let me know.” Unfortunately that isn’t an option right now so I schedule 1-2 massages after the tournament with my favorite person, Audrey of ALW massage and she gets me fixed up right away.